We’re happy to announce that NethServer 6.9 has been released and is publicly available.
We’re confident that, as always, it will achieve our mission: making sysadmin’s life easier with Open Source. This is thanks to the most vibrant, supportive and friendly community in the Open Source space (and not just Open Source).
Based on CentOS 6.9
Based on the recently released CentOS 6.9 operating system,
Support traffic shaping and port forwarding on red VLANs
The Traffic shaping web UI doesn’t list VLAN reds interfaces, but it’s possible to assign the RED role to a VLAN. Now it’s possibile to add trafic shaping to red VLANs.
Also, creating a port forward, VLAN reds now are listed in the WAN IP (red interface) section.
Backported some Enhancements from 7 version
We added the restore from old backups on 6.9 too and NethServer 6.9 permits access to CGP graphs and lightsquid reports through the usual server-manager port (980).
Enabled NTLMv2 authentication within Samba
Enabling NTLMv2 authentication allows Samba to work with Windows networks where NTLMv2 is the only enabled authentication protocol.
- Avoid certificate generation on Let’s Encrypt renewal
- Avoid certificate generation in certificate-update event
- NethServer joined to AD fail Kerberos ticket renewal
- Update to shorewall 5
- Collectd 5: avoid rrd write problems on overloaded machines
- Webtop: import contacts from Outlook 2016
- ipsec tunnel: properly reject unencrypted traffic
Thank the overall NethServer community
As usual, we’d like to first thank the overall community for contributions towards these improvements — whether it was in feedback, bug reports and suggestions or our personal favorite, feedback based on participation in our very own NethServer community.
Upgrade from version 6.8
Start the update as usual from the Software Center page. It is recommended to reboot the system at the end of the update procedure.
- md5: e984bec13adead8327e952f9cad12607
- sha1: 7ba20f23be287af61d33f6010f354f64104a3ab3
- ISO download from sourceforge, 740MB nethserver-6.9-x86_64.iso
- Torrent link: nethserver-7.3.1611-x86_64.iso.torrent
- Torrent Hash: 61B2F9DEA1261F41ED4936C87CD6441EFA6A2FAC
- Technical Release Notes: http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v6/release_notes.html
- Administrator manual: http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v6//
- Developer manual: http://docs.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver-devel/en/v6/